Sunday, July 5, 2009

Releasing Pain, Suffering and Other Burdens

Releasing Pain, Suffering and Other Burdens

in asking to receive
you cannot ask for Spirit to take away
because in the act of taking
you must receive as
-giving and receiving are one-
so asking
"please take this burden from me' '
"please take this pain from me'
"please take this suffering from me"
is a sure way to keep
the burden, pain and suffering...
-what you give is what you receive-
only the thought of separation
could forward such a request...
therefore, only ask for what you truly want
that's why my prayer is always and only
that i want the peace of God
all that appears as non-peace-non-love
is blessed and handed to the
Wholeness of Self (Holly Spirit)
there it is purified and returned
only in wholeness
where pain, suffering and death cannot exist

michael

deborah wrote:




If anyone would like to comment on this, I would appreciate it. Just today, I realized how I practice the Course is quite simple: I ask Holy Spirit, and then, if it doesn't feel right, I don't do it.

In light of this, would anyone like to give their interpretation of the following: Text, Chpt. 6, Sec. V, para. 3 - "A wise teacher teaches through approach, not avoidance. He does not emphasize what you must avoid to escape from harm, but what you need to learn to have joy. Consider the fear and confusion a child would experience if he were told, 'Do not do this because it will hurt you and make you unsafe; but if you do that instead, you will escape from harm and be safe, and then you will not be afraid.' It is surely better to use only three words: 'Do only that!' This simple statement is perfectly clear, easily understood and very easily remembered."

Thank you.

Love,

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment