Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Psalms of Old

The Psalms of Old

singing praises
to the fullest self
allowing all
to join our chorus
of praise
for AllThatIs
the psalms of old
but the stepping stones
to "Now"
where all is golden
in the light of Love
so brightly told

michael


Ken wrote:

Ken wrote:

"The Bible's Book of Psalms holds a special place in the hearts of Christians
and Jews alike. Many of us learned Psalm 23 and Psalm 121 in our childhood.
The words of these timeless writings comfort, inspire, and remind. And they
have for millions and millions of people over thousands of years.

Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters...

Psalm 121
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills-
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,

the Maker of heaven and earth...

The Psalm's teachings trace the roots of our common religious and spiritual
experience into the ancient past and bring us close to our long-forgotten
brothers and sisters. Time cannot dim the light of love present in these
wonderful writings. The words may seem outmoded but the love that motivates
is always the same.

Recently I have been moved to prepare a personal "interpretation" for some
of the Psalms. At a time in the world when there is so much pressure to
separate from one another, we need to always remember that God is only found
in joining. And joining is the result of sharing. ............

I invite you to join with me in this adventure."

I love you,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment